I always have the best intentions to blog more often, but they never come to fruition. Rather than dwell on that, I’ll just say hello, happy 2015! I’m a sucker for fun surveys and I liked this one a lot.
5 recipes I’ve tried lately
1. Puffles. Life changing. We made sweet (Nutella) and savory (Ham & cheese, and chipotle cheddar) and they were all fantastic.
2. Rosemary Sea Salt Soft Pretzels (I made these for the super bowl and they were a hit)
3. Braised Pork Belly (I added kale at the end, and used cider instead of beer. I would cut the spice in half, but it was deeelicious)
4. Chicken Tikka Masala (subbed coconut milk for the heavy cream)
5. Moroccan Spiced Quinoa with Broccoli & Chickpeas (I like this better with cous cous, but it’s quick and hearty either way!)
5 things I am looking forward to
1. Our move to Norfolk, VA in April. The temperature when I woke up this morning was –19, so I’m ready for some warmer temps.
2. Completing my practicum for my M.Ed during the month of March. I will be working at a large medical center in the employee wellness department leading smoking cessation classes, shadowing for health coaching and assisting with focus groups.
3. Eating dinner (ok, I look forward to this every night) tonight because I made corn chowder and it smells delicious.
4. My “food tour” of home before we move to Virginia. On the list – Thai food, Indian food, brunch, and King Arthur Flour so far.
5. D’s command awards banquet at the end of March.
5 of my favorite exercises
1. Running! #1 love
2. Body Pump. This is my new “thing” and I am obsessed.
5. Spin Class
5 things on my wish list
1. A fully furnished house in Virginia (we had an arson incident 2 years ago and everything needed to be replaced).
2. A tortilla press (Darren got me one for Christmas, but it was only a 6” so we returned it. We like to go big or go home with tortillas.)
3. A female black & white Newfoundland puppy! Summit needs a girlfriend.
4. An air popper for popcorn to feed my popcorn addiction (and make me feel a little better when I pour melted butter over everything).
5. A day at the spa (complete with a massage, manicure, pedicure, waxing, hot tub, etc).
5 photos from my instagram feed